1) How can magnesium oil help me?
Magnesium oil can support the body’s natural ability to relieve many types of pain:
- Migraines and headaches
- Arthritis pain
- Sore muscles and stiffness
- Menstrual cramps
- Foot pain
- Sports injury
It can also be used as part of your daily routine to help relax and prevent pain:
- After a shower or bath to enhance relaxation
- Before and after exercise to avoid injury
- Before bedtime to improve sleep
According to cardiologist Dr. Dennis Goodman, magnesium oil is also helpful for treating magnesium deficiency. Find out if you have the symptoms of deficiency here.
2) What are the benefits of using transdermal magnesium?
Transdermal magnesium is location specific so it can target pain at the source, as opposed to oral magnesium.
According to Dr. Dennis Goodman, it can bypass the digestive system and go directly into the bloodstream, making it a good option for someone who cannot tolerate oral magnesium and experience side effects such as diarrhea.
3) How often can I apply the spray?
As needed 1-3 times daily (6-10 sprays per use).
4) How and where do I apply the oil?
For best absorption, a light but thorough massage is required.
For pain and inflammation relief, apply it directly to problem site such as back, wrist, or knee. For headaches, spray in hand and massage temples.
For best overall results, apply magnesium oil to your feet and massage, a method used in ancient reflexology.
5) How long does it need to stay on for best absorption?
15-20 minutes is enough time for absorption. There is no need to rinse it off unless you’d like to after this time.
6) When is the best time to apply the oil?
The spray may be applied anytime. It is ideal before and after workouts, during a massage and after a shower when pores are opened.
7) What can I expect when I apply the oil?
You will feel a smooth, light oily feeling that spreads over your skin and a slight warmth to the area as circulation improves.
It's not uncommon for some users to feel tingling on the skin, this is usually temporary and diminishes with each use. You can also dilute the area with a little distilled water to lessen the sensation.
8) Do I need to wash it off?
There is no need to wash the oil off, but after 15-20 minutes you can rinse the area if you need too.
9) Can I use too much?
You only absorb what you need through the skin, so you cannot use too much while spraying topically.
10) How soon will I see results?
Some users report immediate relief from aches, pains, skin conditions and other symptoms that continue to diminish with further use. Every situation is different, so results will vary.
11) Are there any side effects?
Transdermal magnesium oil passes the digestive system without stomach upset and is well tolerated without side effects on the skin by most users.
12) Can I still take oral magnesium when using the spray?
Magnesium oil is compatible with oral supplementation, but it is always best to consult your physician.
13) Can I use it as a deodorant?
Yes, but do not spray on sensitive areas or after shaving.
14) Will it stain my clothes?
It won’t stain clothes but may leave a salty residue when dry. You can brush this off easily by hand or with a damp cloth.
15) Does the product have a scent?
No, it is scent free.
16) How do I store it?
A cool, dry place at room temperature.
17) Is there an expiration date?
You can use the bottle for one year from purchase.
18) What does USP on the bottle stand for?
United States Pharmacopeia (USP) USP establishes written (documentary) and physical standards for medicines, food ingredients, dietary supplement products, and ingredients. These standards are used by regulatory agencies and manufacturers to help to ensure that these products are of the appropriate identity, as well as strength, quality, purity, and consistency.
19) Is the bottle plastic or glass?
We use plastic PET bottles that do not contain BPA or phthalates.
20) Do I need to speak to my doctor before using this product?
Generally speaking, this is not necessary as the product is very safe. However, if you are taking medications or have a particular medical condition, you should always speak your doctor beforehand.